Massage Works provides you with effective massage therapy to facilitate relief from pain and stress you may be suffering with from chronic strain or an injury. Providing the opposite of a fluffy massage for pampering alone, nor is it a cheap massage factory where every massage is exactly the same. Each massage therapist will work with you to determine what muscles need to be addressed to bring you relief and get you feeling better! At Massage Works each professional massage therapist knows that their goal is to provide the most effective massage session for every client.
The addition of a few other highly skilled therapists, Mikyo Martin, Vince Langarica, and Abigail Kastner, Jenny Koenig, Amanda Dahlgren and Tod Peterson have rounded out the staff and means there is the right therapist for a variety of issues.
The team is committed to a massage therapy practice that is:
- Tina Deane, owner of Massage Works has been practicing massage in Los Gatos since 2001. She has a passion for helping people get relief from pain especially when they have been told “there is nothing you can do for it”. Her uncanny ability to find the source of the pain keeps her busy with regular clients. She is happy to offer a team of highly qualified massage therapists at Massage Works to help many people gain relief from pain and stress. She is a member of the Los Gatos Chamber of Commerce and founder of the Natural Healers Network. Tina can proudly claim Massage Works has been voted best massage in Los Gatos and Silicon Valley multiple times and best massage therapist.
- Mikyo Martin, Mikyo officially began her massage career in 2002, taking her natural gift of healing touch to the next level by attending Healing Hands School of Massage in San Diego, where she studied and was certified in many styles of massage, including Swedish, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, Reflexology. The combination of her intuitive, healing touch and her studies ignited a deeper passion in her for many styles of healing and bodywork. Since then she has also become certified as a Yoga and Meditation Instructor, Yoga Therapist, and Ayurvedic Massuese through Yogic Medicine Institute, training thoroughly in high quality healthy diet and lifestyle. Mikyo has been with Massage Works since 2010 but has recently moved out of the area so you are lucky indeed if you get an appointment on one of the days she comes to town.
- Vince Langarica, if you want to be treated like a professional athlete Vince is your guy. Vince offers very effective deep tissue massage that is perfect if you have been injured or are training for an event. Vince is trained in a variety of modalities such as deep tissue myofascial release, assisted stretching, active release and functional training. He has a background in sports from playing football, basketball, etc. he has coached and helped people with training, fitness and rehab. His experience has ranged from helping hard core weekend athletes to high school football players to MMA fighters to recover and perform their best.
- Abigail Kastner, Abigail is California certified therapist with over 900 hours of training from National Holistic Institute where she graduated with honors. She is trained in modalities of East to West as well as Aromatherapy and Reiki. She always strives to deliver effective treatments that provide pain relief and relaxation.
- Where are you located? Massage Works offices are conveniently located in downtown Los Gatos near Los Gatos High School. We have an easily accessible parking lot at our office building.
- Do I need to arrive early? About 5 – 10 minutes. When you first come to see your therapist at Massage Works they will have you fill out a brief bit of paperwork then discuss what you would like to accomplish and any problem areas you have to address during your session so your therapist can customize the perfect massage therapy session just for you.
- What can I expect during the massage? If this is your first time getting a massage it is our goal to make you as comfortable as possible. You will be shown to your massage room where you will be given privacy to undress to your comfort level (usually bottom underwear are left on or can be taken off, it’s up to you)then you are under a sheet and blanket to insure your comfort and modesty. If you ever feel uncomfortable, cold or the massage pressure is not right for you do not hesitate to tell your therapist right away.