Massage Works provides you with effective massage therapy to facilitate relief from pain and stress.
If you happen to be suffering with from chronic strain or an injury our massage therapists are experienced at how to help you get relief.
At Massage Works our massage therapist will listen to you and work with you to determine what muscles need to be addressed to bring you relief and get you feeling better! Each professional massage therapist’s goal is to provide the most effective massage session for every client.
The addition of a other highly skilled and experienced massage therapists, Mikyo Martin, Abigail Kastner, Jenny Koenig and Klaudeen Shemirani have rounded out the staff and means there is the right therapist for a variety of issues. Every therapist has a unique and effective style to provide you with relief and relaxation.
The team is committed to providing our clients with massage therapy that is:
- Tina Deane, owner of Massage Works has been practicing massage in Los Gatos since 2001. She has a passion for helping people get relief from pain especially when they have been told “there is nothing you can do for it”. Her uncanny ability to find the source of the pain keeps her busy with regular clients. She is happy to offer a team of highly qualified massage therapists at Massage Works to help many people get the amazing results massage therapy can offer. She is a member of the Los Gatos Chamber of Commerce and founder of the Natural Healers Network. Tina can proudly claim Massage Works has been voted best massage in Los Gatos and Silicon Valley multiple times and voted best massage therapist.
- Mikyo Martin, Mikyo officially began her massage career in 2002, taking her natural gift of healing touch to the next level by attending Healing Hands School of Massage in San Diego, where she studied and was certified in many styles of massage, including Swedish, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, Reflexology. The combination of her intuitive, healing touch and her studies ignited a deeper passion in her for many styles of healing and bodywork. Since then she has also become certified as a Yoga and Meditation Instructor, Yoga Therapist, and Ayurvedic Massuese through Yogic Medicine Institute, training thoroughly in high quality healthy diet and lifestyle. Mikyo has been with Massage Works since 2010 but has recently moved out of the area so you are lucky indeed if you get an appointment on one of the days she comes to town.
- Abigail Kastner, Abigail is California certified therapist with over 900 hours of training from National Holistic Institute where she graduated with honors. She is trained in modalities of East to West specializing in Deep Tissue, Swedish Massage, Cupping Massage, Aromatherapy,, Shiatsu and Reiki. She is know for her deep but subtle work and healing energy. She always strives to deliver effective treatments that provide pain relief and relaxation.
- Jenny Koenig After 10 years in the Aviation Industry, Jenny decided it was time to leave the stress of that career and went back to school to become a massage therapist. Completing her training at The National Holistic Institute in their comprehensive 900-hour program. She immersed herself in learning about the human body and how massage can aide in healing, improve one’s sense of well-being and it’s many benefits. Jenny approaches each bodywork session with the intent of providing the most beneficial massage for each individual. Her massage philosophy is to facilitate a therapeutic yet nurturing experience with a combination of compassionate touch and knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology.
- Klaudeen Shemirani is a certified massage practitioner from the Body Therapy Center in Palo Alto, and Reiki II practitioner, specializing in deep relaxation massage, energy balancing, and self-regulation for stress, trauma and anxiety, since 2009. In addition to her compassionate touch and presence, Klaudeen also integrates meditation, somatic awareness, intuitive guidance, intention, and ritual–for those who express interest in deeper healing and personal growth. Klaudeen received her Master’s degree in Women’s Spirituality from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, and her Bachelor’s degree in Peace & Conflict Studies from UC Berkeley, and received additional bodywork training from the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute.
- Where are you located? Massage Works offices are conveniently located in downtown Los Gatos near Los Gatos High School. We have an easily accessible parking lot at our office building.
- Do I need to arrive early? About 5 – 10 minutes. When you first come to see your therapist at Massage Works they will have you fill out a brief bit of paperwork then discuss what you would like to accomplish and any problem areas you have to address during your session so your therapist can customize the perfect massage therapy session just for you.
- What can I expect during the massage? If this is your first time getting a massage it is our goal to make you as comfortable as possible. You will be shown to your massage room where you will be given privacy to undress to your comfort level (usually bottom underwear are left on or can be taken off, it’s up to you)then you are under a sheet and blanket to insure your comfort and modesty. If you ever feel uncomfortable, cold or the massage pressure is not right for you do not hesitate to tell your therapist right away.